Sometimes, no matter how good a designer you are, it seems as if clients do not value what you do. They take your designs for granted. And they do not pay you nearly enough.
This is because many customers need more than just a designer. They want someone who can sort problems out for them and make their lives easier.
Customers often don’t just want some graphic design carried out for them. They want someone to create a website for them or to manage their entire brochure. If they receive a design, the customer has to do something with it. They want a finished product.
With website design this can get a little complicated. You may need to team up with a website builder. But when it comes to print projects, a designer can manage them all by themselves.
The first one is all about customer retention. A printing company may well decide to encourage your client to use their design services rather than yours. Customers often find the one-stop shop service convenient. So it is far better that you offer this yourself rather than risking having your clients poached from you.
Secondly, your clients are actually likely to place more design work with you. They are often too busy to brief you and find a printer and manage the print production as well. Sometimes it is so much work that they will decide not to go ahead with a project. It is much easier if all they have to do is pick up the phone and have a quick conversation with their designer. They prefer to have the whole project managed for them. This makes design and print projects more likely to go ahead.
Finally, adding print services to your portfolio increases your revenues. You don’t just only profit from managing the print for the jobs that you design. Deliver good jobs and your client may rely on you for other profitable printing work as well.
At NM Print we have designed our services around making things as easy as possible for print resellers. Here are some of the services we offer our customers:
- Low pricing, thanks to our highly automated systems and the fact that we manage most of our work online.
- Product-based pricing means that you don’t have to worry about how to create a print specification: it is all done for you
- Instant pricing from our online pricing calculator, meaning you can give your clients immediate responses rather than waiting for a print estimate
- A range of informative blogs and video tutorials to help you understand print more, appreciate what is possible and inspire you with new ideas for your clients
- A live customer services team available on the phone or on live chat
- An artwork fixing service so that we can help you ensure that your job prints perfectly if you are not used to designing for print
- White label delivery so that your customer never knows who you are using for print and tries to contact them directly
In addition, our website is online 24/7. You can find a price or place an order whenever you want. We fit in with your working hours.
You won’t just increase your revenues and profit: your customers will value you more.